The friendly blogger solution? A pattern pyramid giveaway!
My first* selection is of dresses only. Let's call this the Dresses Pyramid!
I've tried to select a mix of summer and winter patterns as well as a range of decades. The sizes are not such a big range because I don't tend to buy patterns more than a few sizes away from my own; sorry if this means there's nothing in your size!
* Yes, I am implying that I'll have other pattern pyramids to follow, but my free time is too disorganised for me to commit to particular timings. If you fancy shirts / jackets, or skirts / trousers you'll just have to keep in touch!
Top to bottom, left to right, here are the descriptions and envelope backs:
Vogue 1049, bust 30.5"- 31.5"- 32.5": Badgely Mischka designer pattern. Fitted, lined, tapered sleeveless dress + loose-fitting, below hip jacket with notched collar, princess seams, welt pockets, two-piece sleeves with mock vent and button trim.
Simplicity7255, bust 34": For stretch knits only. Top-stitched dress with low round neckline and set-in sleeves, plus optional self-fabric tie belt. Long or short sleeves.
Simplicity 8466, bust 38": Dress or jumper with back zipper, bands, shoulder straps and pockets concealed in side seams. Version 1 has a button trimmed pocket in bodice centre. Pattern includes special instructions for fitting.
Style 1234, bust 36": Panelled dress has back zipper. View 1 and 2 have set-in sleeves. View 1 has round neckline and long sleeves. View 2 and 3 have lowered neckline. View 2 has short sleeves and purchased belt. View 3 is sleeveless. Fit-to-figure basic pattern.
Butterick 5673, bust 32.5": Fitted V-neck "flip" dress in above knee or mini length, with high bodice gathering under bust. Full length sleeve with button and loop closing or cut-away armhole. With or without shoulder button trim.
Style 2303, bust 34": For woven fabrics. Raglan sleeve panelled dress has front pleats and button fastening, collar and revers and top stitching. Short sleeves with cuffs or long sleeves. Optional patch pockets.
I'm pretty much sticking to the rules set out by Karen when she originally distributed Catherine's excess patterns around the world.
With minor updates, here are the rules:
1. Anyone, anywhere can enter the giveaway by posting a comment below by midnight Eastern Standard Time Sunday 30 March BUT you must have an active blog so as to be able to host the next iteration of the Dresses Pattern Pyramid if you win.
2. I will randomly select one winner.
3. I will post the patterns to the winner.
4. The winner will pick one pattern to keep for themselves, then host their own giveaway. They will randomly select a winner, post the remaining patterns to that Person C. Person C will pick a pattern for themselves, host their own giveaway and post the remaining patterns to the winner, Person D. Person D will…
I haven't checked whether these patterns are complete.
If you win, please launch your own giveaway soon after receiving your parcel - and please be happy to post patterns worldwide.
If you'd like to be considered in the draw, just leave a comment below :-). You've got 2 weeks!